Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cullen updates

Okay, we've been busy since I last blogged, We went to Winnsboro for the 4th and had so much fun, but I haven't edited any of the pics, so I will post about that later. I finally have Cullen in the nursery at nights - I sleep much better not hearing every little noise, and Blake is in the boys' room full time. Transitioning from crib to bed for Blake took many evenings of standing outside their room and catching him, disciplining him, and putting him back in bed - sometimes 20 times an evening. I would just sit outside his room with a magazine and go in to train him every few minutes. I would much rather devote a week or two of constant training and get it over with and the battle won, than have to live with a kid getting out of his bed all the time. Anyway, except for the occasional lapse, he stays in bed at night and during naps now. Mom is triumphant. That is a strong-willed kid. We told Seth to stay in bed and he did. Although really, Seth is strong-willed too, he just picks fewer battles. To Blake, they're all worth fighting. Many times. So, with Blake out of the nursery I could get out the cute bumper rails out again and the crib skirt and such. So, here are pics of the nursery. We decided we have company too much to not keep the double bed, so we squeezed it in here. And the room decorations are as cute as I can do in a rent house without being able to paint. I am using the same bedding I had for both the boys. I got it in Canton at First Monday and was a little shocked and guilty at how much I spent on it, but it has held up very well, and with 3 boys I have definitely gotten my money's worth!
In other news, Cullen will be 7 weeks tomorrow and weighs 10 lbs! He's doing great. We are completely over the dairy allergy. NAET really works well. He turned out to be even more sensitive than Blake - I know this because within an hour (sometimes right before my eyes) of an allergy treatment he would break out in a rash. It would go away in a day or two, only to reappear at the next treatment. Now we are done, no problems with dairy, no rashes. If you need a provider in your area (I get asked about this a good bit), look at NAET.org.

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Great family pic and I love his room

Aleasha said...

I love that Cullen looks like he is giving a thumbs up! Great job! YOu guys have beautiful children!!!

Anonymous said...

What could be more fun than three beautiful boys!!! I'm so proud of little Cullen for being in his nursery now! He looks so much like Blake. Can't wait to hold our arms are waiting!!!