Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July and Girls' weekend

This year for the 4th we went up to Winnsboro. Cullen got to meet everybody, including his Nanny, Kyle's grandma who is 91. The trip really was idyllic. We rode 4wheelers, Kyle, his dad, and I went horseback riding (it's been way too long since I've been without kids on with me!), and then we went to the lake. We had fun in the water, ate too much and watched fireworks over the water. Seth said "Mom, this day is SPLENDID!! I want this day every day." Quite a word for a five year old. That's what he gets for having two parents with big vocabularies. He's going to be really cool at school when he drops stuff like, "Interestingly enough..." . But, I digress.


The next weekend we went to my mom's and then from there I took Cullen and went to a reunion. I am so blessed that our group of girls from college has remained close. They are the Class of 2000 Aggies for Christ girls and we get together every other year still. It is awesome to see what God has done with each of our lives. This year we went to Jenny's lake house and basically did nothing. It rocked.Jenny, Paige, me , and Tonya
Katie (my sis-in-law), Lisa, and me
While we were there I was once again reminded how blessed I am that Andy married someone that was my friend first. She is awesome.

Here we all are. It was a bare-bones crew this year, but it was kinda nice because I got to visit with everyone that way.

Just for fun, here is our pic from 2007.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I had so much fun hanging out with you!!! And I'm so glad I got to meet Cullen and love on him for a little while. Already looking forward to next time!