Monday, April 7, 2008

Word Weirdness

"Last night I snitched some cookie dough." Did that sentence sound odd to you? Well, it did to Kyle. I had been telling Kyle how Seth loved helping me make cookies, but he snitched too much. Kyle said something like, "Your family is so weird, ya'll are the only people I know who use 'snitch' that way." I maintained that, while my family is most certainly weird, he is once again being Captain Oblivious to have never heard other people use "snitch" that way. So, I'm calling him on it. We are opening up the polls, folks. Remember, it's not just your right to vote, it's your duty. And please, be honest. Note: I am not contesting that "snitch" also means "to tattle" - just that my definition is also normal. Once again, we thank you for your willingness to judge petty matters in our lives.

published by Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes - you can snitch cookie dough. Sheesh, Kyle? Have you been under a rock? :) Oh - thanks for the link to my blog! I feel so special! Of course, maybe I should post something on it now. :) - Jenn

Sarah said...

Are you sure you don't mean snatch? We say snatch...Sorry, but I'm with Kyle on this one...okay did I just say that? I don't know that I have ever sided with Kyle on something...hmmm...

J Katy Garner said...

Yeah it is!!! I totally agree with Kim on this one because I totally use this word. James thinks I makeup words all of the time : )

emblair said...

Hey Kim - I've had so much fun reading through your blog. You have the CUTEST family, and it looks like you have so much fun together! And sorry about the Twilight addiction...they are good, huh! The last one comes out in August. Fun! Glad you came across my blog...will be fun to keep in touch!!!!

Oh, and "snitch" totally works that way!