Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Camping and Addictions

We went camping this last weekend with my Mom's side of the family. We all met near Tyler and stayed the whole weekend. We had a great time and got to catch up with relatives we rarely see, especially now that we live in San Antonio and they all still live back up in Northeast Texas. We didn't take near enough pictures, so there isn't much evidence of the trip. Seth had a blast with his cousins- he got to jump on a huge bounce-house thing and play putt-putt and ride bikes and he even caught a fish all by himself!


A good portion of our weekend was spent playing Settlers of Catan. We have become somewhat addicted to it since Andy & Katie and Josh & Sheridan introduced us to it a couple of weekends ago. After playing it with them, Kimberly and I bought it so that we could play it with my family. And play we did. The whole weekend. If you've played the game, you know what I mean, and if you haven't, you should go out and buy it right now. We were trading sheep and ore for wheat and bricks all weekend long. In fact, when we were packing up to go, my brother-in-the-law, Justin, tried to convince me to let them keep our game. I said no, of course, he can order his own online. I can't say that Kimberly and I could go a day without it. After the boys were in bed tonight, we played two games in a row. Make fun all you want, I have no shame, anyway.




The Stringer Mob. Honestly, have you ever seen cooler cats? I didn't think so. Especially not in hats.





Blake enjoyed his first taste of beef while camping in Tyler. He literally nursed the juices out of a piece of fajita meat for half an hour. He also gnawed on it some, practicing using his new teeth, or "teefs" as we like to call them. He has one on top and one on bottom now. Maybe soon, he'll have as many teeth as Seth, who told me last month that he had "a thousand teeth."

5 comments:

Amy Porter said...

I'm so sad that it didn't work out for us to see you over the weekend. I'm glad y'all had a great time! Oh...and I really wish we could've been there for Blake's first beef gnawing, since we were there for Seth's!! :) He's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Love this latest photo of the fam in East Texas! Sounds like so much fun!!! How come Chuck and I are the very last to even hear of "Settlers of Catan?"? When do we get introduced? Can't wait. I'm so sorry the rest of the world doesn't have grandchildren as beautiful as ours! Just kidding, but we are slightly prejudiced!
Grammy and Papa C

larshannon said...

that is a really fun game and very addicting. Sounds like a fun weekend

Sarah said...

Ohhhhh...didn't know you guys were into Settler's...Jarrod's been dying to play since Christmas...he tried to convince me and it didn't work until this weekend at Vic and Colleen's (the name made it sound toooooo "Riskish" to me and I don't like Risk)...now we're both addicted...scary...we're bringing it to the boat...ya'll bring yours as well and we'll be able to all play!!!! : )

BTW: We loved seeing most of you guys at Sea World. I'll post our pictures after Dr.s visit today.

SheridanLeftwich said...

I am so glad you got your own game. We love it, too. Josh and I like to play by ourselves, too. (Dorks I Know but what can I say) OOOHh so fun! Enjoy! We'll have to play again next time ya'll are in town.