Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reading Books and Feeling Large

post by Kim
Nice title, huh? Well, it combines the topics of the day. I'm in a bullet point kind of mood, so here we go:
-First, I shall digress into the truly unimportant. The last picture that Kyle posted has got to be the most unflattering picture of me in years, possibly since seventh grade. I am stuffed into a ladder and leaning forward to avoid Carter's knees in my back. My baby weight is all pooched out. I'm not even attempting to suck it in because of the awkward angle. I begged Kyle to not put it up and he told me to get over it because I was being vain (so gentle, my man). Could he be right? Most probably.
- My friend Laura tagged me to post about a book I'm reading. I'm never reading just one, so I thought I'd put a couple. Here's what you do: turn to page 125 of your book and type the 5th sentence. Tell what the book is. You can either post it on your blog or leave it on my comments. I'm tagging Sarah, Amy, Lori, Wes, and Jarrod.
-"I couldn't wait to hear Denver's take on the retreat- the horrors of hanging withwhite ladies and all that." This book is about an unlikely friendship between a black man who wasn't told slavery was over till he was an adult and a white bread yuppie. Pretty interesting. True story.

-"Hooker limped to the SUV and gingerly eased himself onto the passenger seat." I Love Janet Evanovich. She is pure mindless entertainment. Wish she cussed less, but fortunately, I'm the master of filtering it out when I read. My book characters say a lot of "Holy Pajamas" and "Oh, man." Hey, whatever works.



- Lastly, I took the boys to Sea World for the first time. Seth loved it. We met Sarah, Jarrod, and Logan there so Friggs could not have been happier. It was a pretty easy day for me because I had to sit there holding Scooter, therefore Jarrod had to sit with the boys on every single dippy ride. Sarah and I are very thankful for his infinite patience and good humor with the boys. I still laughed at him trying to squeeze himself onto the tiny rides, though. (Note to Mom: see how I can be thankful and still be mocking? They coexist!)


-All the guys on the ride. Note how poor Jarrod takes up 3/4 the space.



-Logan and Seth hugging a tree. Seth had allergies and one eye is kinda swollen. He didn't seem to care.

- This is what Scooter thought about Sea World. This may not look it, but this is a monumental moment. First time to ever fall asleep in the stroller!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Found your blog!! It was fun getting to know you better this morning at Kelly's.