Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I will become fluent.

In an attempt to solidify my resolve, I am posting my new goal for all the world to see. I am using the Rosetta Stone software through our local library to learn Spanish. It will be useful in my job, and plus, I want to be able to watch half of the tv stations that we get in San Antonio. As devout eschewers of cable, we have a ridiculously outdated "rabbit ears" antenna on our television, and therefore only get the local channels. Sometimes they show really cool movies in Spanish, and I sit there watching and trying to recall my high school Spanish. So, if you know Spanish, next time you see me, maybe we can converse. Just keep it simple and speak in a slow, deliberate, and exaggerated manner.

In other news, Friggs put on quite a show at the Riverwalk this past Saturday. We took the boys downtown to see the Deep Sea Adventure at IMAX. Which, by the way, Friggs loved. He's very much into whales and sharks. Kimberly and I were cracking up because it was a 3D video and Friggs was sitting there in his little yellow 3D glasses, oohing and ahhing at everything. If he reached out and grabbed at the screen once, I bet he did it a thousand times. It truly is a realistic experience; he kept reaching out and saying, "Look, those jellyfish are coming at us!" But, back to the show Friggs himself put on. After the movie, we went for a stroll along the Riverwalk. At the end by the mall, there's a kind of rotunda-thing where the river makes a circle. It's a large gathering area with lots of places to sit, there's a food court there and they have a live band playing. The band was some kind of new-age pan flute/indian group. There was a large area in front of the band with tables for people to sit and enjoy the show. Friggs was literally moved by the tribal rhythms and broke into dancing. He went back and forth, right in front of all these people, who were laughing and clapping and pointing. It was hilarious, mostly because of the spontaneity of it, but also because everyone got such a kick out of it. (He was the only one dancing, mind you.) Kim scrambled to get the camera and it only got a few seconds before the memory was full. But I still think it's worth posting. So, here it is: a tribute to the wonderful lack of inhibition that comes with being three years old.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

too too cute! We'll have to check out that IMAX when we come to town...we're obsessed right now and Sea World shouldn't help with that! : )

Jana Kay said...

I use to go to San Antonio every summer with my parents for a week. I know exactly where you are talking about and I guarantee you...that I have that band's cd...sad...

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Your family is wonderfully weird! And I mean that as a compliment. For real, your boys are beautiful, and I am so glad Mary told me about y'all's blog! Our email is shadrobyn@gmail.com