Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ladies, he did good...

I had quite a Mother's day. I got homemade waffles for breakfast, homemade cards from the kids, a sweet note from Kyle and we went out to eat for lunch. I even had a nap. All this is my usual treatment for Mother's day and I love it. I have no other expectations whatsoever, so I was shocked by Kyle's extravagant gift. He got me a little blue box. That's right, ladies. Kyle bought me a pearl necklace from Tiffany's and I write this not to brag about my necklace (well, maybe a little, it is gorgeous) but to brag on my husband. He's amazing! I've never gotten a little blue box from him before, and frankly I don't expect to ever get one again. I'm not a huge jewelry person, but I have been asking for pearls for the last year. Let me clarify, though. By pearls, I meant maybe a $20 knockoff from Dillard's or something. You know, one up from Target maybe. This was so far beyond my expectations that I was speechless. Take note, men out there. Every once in a blue moon, a girl needs a grand gesture! He did awesome!
Also, just a pic to show you how I'm doing. I'm at 33 weeks now and definitely feeling huge. I'm not fishing for compliments, here, I know I haven't gained too much, but I FEEL huge. I also think I've dropped already. He's just so much lower this whole week than last week. Really, I'm doing great, very little swelling and no real complaints, just general pregnancy gripes.


7 comments:

Aleasha said...

Way to go Kyle!!!!! Congrats on the pearls. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!! OH and you look great by the way!!

da momma said...

gorgeous pearls for the gorgeous girl! you look hot momma!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

wow... he did do good... that is awesome... never have I recieved a blue box before I can only imagine the big smile you had.... love it. And you do look great... but you always do.

Sarah said...

WAY TO GO KYLE!!! LOVE IT! He did good...and if anyone ever deserved them, its you--you can scrimp and save and sacrifice honestly more than anyone I know! So glad it was a great mother's day for you!

And BTW: You don't look huge--you look great...but I bet you do FEEL huge, I can tell how swollen you are by your hands!

Esquire's Wife said...

Wow! Way to go, Kyle!

Amy Porter said...

Impressive, Kyle!! Those are beautiful! I'm glad your mother's day was so great!! Just think...next year you will have one more homemade card! Love those! You look great! I'm glad you posted a prego picture...you are always so pretty pregnant!

Tamra said...

One word: SCORE!!! Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday!