Friday, May 1, 2009

Frogs and Such

Okay, obviously I have posted before about Seth and frogs. They are all different frogs; we find one and keep him for about a week and then I say something like, "Friggs, I think he misses his family, we have to let him go." Enter this week's frog. Let me just say that I hope PETA is not reading this, because little boys are rough on frogs! I mean, Friggs is just playing with him, it's not like I would let him take a hammer to the frog or anything, it's just that at the end of each frog's stay it probably has a little internal bleeding. Friggs runs him around the yard like an airplane. I have tried to explain the finer points of holding a frog under the armpits to do this, but he usually holds his legs, leaving the entire body to flail back and forth. He throws him up in the air and tries to catch him - I do get onto him for this one. Last Sunday took the cake, however. My parents and Kyle and I were playing Catan, Scooter was napping, and Friggs was outside happily playing with his frog. He came running in and said ,"Everybody come watch! I made my frog a swing!!" Uh-oh. So we run out there, and sure enough Friggs has tied the frog up under his arms with the loooooong cord of the outdoor roll-down shade. He then backs up about three feet and let's him swing, and precedes to gently push him, all the while smiling at himself for being so friendly and being such a good host to the frog. The frog is seriously swinging about five feet back and forth. If it is possible for a frog to look ticked, this one does. The frog did live (he did look a bit swollen) and lived to at least hop, hopefully far, far, away.

Growing up, I always loved the little boy from Old Yeller and Swiss Family Robinson and thought it would be fun to have a mischievious little boy like that someday. Little did I know...
In other news, I'm sure everyone is aware that we live in Cibolo, where there is swine flu. I'm going a little stir crazy staying home and even the public library is closed! How's a girl supposed to cope without a book!! I guess with all this staying home my house should be sparkling clean! But, hey, I'm me, so it's not. I am doing a lot, but I have officially reached eight months pregnant, and I get tired easily, and don't sleep well at night. That's just the way of it!

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Cant stop laughing... this is crazy, funny, awful all at the same time...I think I have one of those boys on my hands too... I look forward to watching Friggs grow up so I can know what to expect... stay in doors... away from all pigs... keep us updated.

Cheryl said...

That is too funny!!! I love it!!
Seth is such a fun kid!

I too am going stir crazy and just finished the book I was reading last night. I was thinking the same thing.... what am I going to do without a book!!!!

Lisa said...

This is one of the funniest things I've read/seen in a long time. Seriously, I can't stop laughing! I guess it does speak something about his true nature...upon first glance it looks like he's trying to hang the frog, but swinging the frog is much more polite. :)

Amy Porter said...

Oh goodness...this scares me! I don't do frogs! I'm hoping Mark is always home when Blake finds a frog...yikes! I LOVE this story, though...hilarious!!