Friday, August 1, 2008

Back, by popular demand...



Okay, okay. So it's been awhile since my last post. We have had a lot going on, but really I was just waiting for Kyle to post since he's funnier than I am. But, he is still procrastinating (Hi pot, I'm kettle...) so, there will be a new post every day until I get caught up. For the 4th of July we went down to Corpus and spent the weekend at Andy and Katie's. We had tons of fun. On Friday we went and picked wild grapes because I am down to my last jar of homemade jelly.
This is a picture of Kyle, who had scaled the grapevine up into the trees so he could reach more grapes and pull down some vines for us.

Maddie, Claire, and Seth taking a break from picking. They have the best time together, I am soooo thankful we are close enough to see them more often now. Blake and Gavin just chilled and talked to each other from strollers. We also picked some prickly pears so I can make a batch of that jelly, too. That afternoon we did one of my favorite things: crabbing. We cooned for rock crab with Roger and Beth, Mark and Tamra Blankinship, Andy and Katie, and all the kids. It was a zoo. The men were more successful in the crabbing department, as the women mostly herded children. I attempted to crab, and got only one, with Blake in a baby float attached to me by a rope. He looked like baby Moses floating in the reeds. He seemed to like it, though. Just for the record, I am aware that crabbing + baby = stupid. But, a girl's gotta try. Saturday we went to the lake with friends and just relaxed. It was an awesome weekend.

We are constantly both dumbfounded and tickled at the directives and proclamations that pop out of our mouths concerning Seth. Here are a few recent ones:
- Do not rub your steak on your leg.
- Do not throw your brother.
- Do not shove rods through rackets.
- Do not ride your brother like a horse.
I know, I know, I steal all his fun.

Posted by Kim

2 comments:

Amy Porter said...

You are hilarious! I love all of the things that you say to Seth...we have said similar things!! The "Don't rub your steak on your leg" is my favorite!! Funny!

Tamra said...

All of this makes me laugh -- and look forward to seeing y'all again that much more!