Sunday, February 10, 2008

Truism

Today, Friggs and I got haircuts. This is normally an un-fun task to complete because of his inability to sit still for the stylist. Today he was awesome! A true landmark has been reached. Because of his good behavior, I rewarded him with a treat afterward by getting him some fruit snacks, and I made it even more monumental by allowing him to eat in my car (normally a huge taboo). I told him, "Friggs, you were so awesome while getting your hair cut that I'm getting you a treat. And in addition, I'm going to let you eat them in my car! Please be very careful not to drop a single one, OK?" He agreed with great delight and, thankfully, made the trip home without incident.
To understand how funny the rest of this story is, you must understand our automobile situation. We replaced my car, the two-door Eagle that I have been driving since college, with my new one a few months ago. That's the one Friggs got to eat in today. Kim is still driving the Jeep, a 1993 model, mind you. It runs fine, but has of late decided to go hay-wire and lock us out. The alarm system is malfunctioning and completely shuts down the engine for no reason. The paint is also peeling and it smells weird from what we shall say is Kim's lack of concern for what is or isn't in the floorboard. Needless to say, we have a low opionion of the Jeep.
So later in the morning, Friggs and were getting something out of the Jeep and he said, "I got to have a special treat in dad's car. The car is special. We don't eat in Dad's car." I told him he was correct and then he gently patted the side of Kim's car and said sadly, "The Jeep is not special."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughed out loud on this one!