Thursday, June 4, 2009

Breastfeeding

That's right men out there. This post is about nursing, so if you're squeamish turn back now...
Okay. In general I really do love nursing my babies and I nursed Seth and Blake for a year. It's all fine once you get the hang of it again and your body settles into it. But may I just take a moment to gripe here - I hate engorgement. It's ridiculous that I have had more pain medicine for my boobs than for giving birth! They're huge, they're leaky, I could feed about 2 and a half kids. Now, I know that too much milk is a blessing, but sheesh. Here is a list of things that make me have letdown:
1. My baby crying.
2. Anybody's baby crying
3. My baby making nursing sounds
4. Kyle pretending to make nursing sounds just to annoy me.
5. Thinking about how much I love him.
6. Ambulance sirens
7. Baby goats bleating (seriously, when I had Seth our neighbors had goats. It was ridiculous. They sound a lot like a real baby crying).
8. Writing about letdown...

Is it this way for everyone?? I go through approximately 20 nursing pads a day.
Venting aside, we really are doing great. He has already surpassed his birth weight and is a happy little guy.

9 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Never had this problem... I was as dry as the outback in Aussie. It might hurt but be thankful you can feed those babies with your own produced milk.

larshannon said...

I feel your pain, really. I would wear as many outfits a day as my babies! Kyra is 9mos and I still get engorged. On the plus side, you can have a one sided "water" fight against your husband from across the room...not that I have ever done that, ever.

Amy Porter said...

Oh my goodness, you make me laugh!! I can just picture Kyle making nursing noises just to annoy you!!! Ha!! I made enough milk for triplets with Mallory, but mine was more "normal" with Blake so I can't feel your pain! Hang in there, though...it will ease up hopefully!!

The Oliverios said...

No. You are a weirdo.

da momma said...

Nice images...thank you...:) you are hilarious! the shower was teh only thing other than my babies being close to me that made me let down....Ill pray for you girl :) and your hugs tatas and YES be thankful...in all things, give thanks.... :)

Anonymous said...

some cows are like that also feed that little stringer lty

Kelly said...

So, who are you thinking about in #5? Cullen or Kyle?

Lisa Hanna said...

Yeah, totally in the "throes" of it all--right there with ya! I have to say that Bryan has no desire to cause that reaction, though!

Stacia said...

Berly,

Congrats you two on Cullen! We are desperately waiting for more pictures of that sweet baby boy. I can't believe he got here so early and quickly. Hope you are getting into a groove of things and that the engorgement goes away. Sorry, I wasn't quite as extreme as you needing to go through 20 nursing pads but I always feel like a cow.