Monday, March 9, 2009

A boy and his toad...

Seth found what we think is a Fowler's toad the other day so I just had to take some pictures. Having boys doesn't get much better than this.

In other news, we have had a busy month, including two funerals. My Grandear passed away and we had her memorial service on Valentine's day. She was 90 years old. She was blessed with 2 long happy marriages (my grandpa died before I was born) and had tons of grandchildren. Up until recently she remained quite active, taking trips to Texas, and even camping and fishing up until just a few years ago. While I will miss her dearly, I feel such a peace about her passing. That's the way to do it - it's what we all want: a long life filled with great love and good memories. Now, the other funeral we attended was for Brad Wims, a college friend who died of cancer, leaving behind a wife and two young children. So tragic! I know Brad is happy now, with his Lord, but I am heartbroken for those left behind. I so admire the fight he fought and his optimistic attitude.

5 comments:

da momma said...

oh my! great pics! Beautiful boy! So nice to hug yall this weekend! Please pass my blog addy to Katie & Andy...they were asking... You looked sooo purty!

Cheryl said...

Great pictures - love the third one! You are a great photographer.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I love the toad pics... your camera is really good and first pic is priceless.

Sarah said...

okay...let me just say...first, awesome pictures...second, there's a reason you're a mom of 4 boys. you're so good at it. I would have probably run away, not gotten the camera...can my son come stay with you guys for a while so he can learn how to get down and dirty?

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pics and fun stories! Thanks for sharing. It is so hard not to squeeze these little boys to pieces. Cannot wait ot get our hands on Philip Frank - NO, I do not believe for a minute you would really name that child that!!!! Mama