Thursday, February 12, 2009

Slide, Slide, Slippety-Slide

For Christmas I lookes absolutely everywhere for the Fisher Price toddler slide for Blake. I hounded Toysrus, and I checked craigslist religiously, all to no avail. Apparently it is a summer only item (have they seen the weather in San Antonio?!). I thought it would be perfect since Seth has a big one, Blake could enjoy one too. Well, I'm glad I didn't waste my $39. I can now send both boys outside and they will play happily for an hour and a half or so. Both of my kids are such monkeys, at such a young age. So I guess I shouldn't be suprised when, at 16 months old, Blake was able to easily master the ladder, even dragging toys up with him. Now, he is great at motor skills, but has no real interest in talking much. Every once in a while, he'll bust out with a word, but once he's learned it, he doesn't care about using it. For the most part he sounds like Joey when he tries to learn French. Although we didn't get it on video, he also is quite entertained to let Seth push him down the slide face first, or on his back, whatever. If brother does it, it's cool. We did end up putting an old pillow down. Blake catches so much air that he lands completely on his back w/o one.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just watched the video with Isaac and Julia. Isaac asked where he was in the video. He thought you took that video yesterday when we were there. Cute to see Blake bounce on that pillow. Love it!!

larshannon said...

Way too cute. Oh, and thanks for the post title. I'll be humming all day!

Sarah said...

too cute...man...have I mentioned that you're so much better of a mother of boys than me??? If only my heart could take such things...at least I realize this, right???

Amy Porter said...

How fun...I want one!!!

Amanda S. said...

How cute! I love the pillow at the end. :)