Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things

Okay, I refuse to send the tag forward because I think everyone has already been tagged. But I will respond...

1. I am a Christian. I really try to live my life in a pleasing way to God every day. I don't know what I would do without him.
2. I married my best friend, whom I also find really good looking. He makes me laugh all the time. I cannot express how vital I find laughter to be in a marriage.
3. My feet are EEE in width. Yep. It makes shoe shopping very difficult.
4. I detest mayonnaise and mustard.
5. My heroes are my brothers.
6. I love getting all dressed up and I love getting dirty and muddy too. Preferably not when I'm all dressed up, though.
7. Cleaning fish, butchering meat, and scrubbing toilets do not bother me but I always wear gloves to do the dishes because I think it's gross.
8. I really loved teaching senior English, but when I'm not teaching I don't miss it at all.
9. I can tuck my ears in and make them stay. It's quite a party trick.
10. I think Arrested Development might be the funniest tv show ever.
11. The struggle of my personal life will always be organization and clutter, I think. I work on it all the time.
12. I am a counselor at a church camp every summer and I hate it when I can't go (like having a baby).
13. I always hesitate when people ask me what pregnancy this is. I usually say "third" because I know if I say "fourth" then I have to explain that we've lost a child at 6 months and they don't really want to know all that. But I always think of Samuel, even when people ask how many kids we have.
14. I am completely addicted to reading and usually read several books a week. I am always researching to find new authors I haven't read yet.
15. Crab and/or flounder gigging is just about my favorite thing to do in the world.
16. Rock crab is my favorite food. It will probably be in heaven, next to the chocolate.
17. I miss my dad all the time and would really like to have gotten to know him as one adult to another.
18. I find self control to be very easy for me and self motivation difficult.
19. I love cooking so much. I have read The Five Love Languages and I love it - I'm totally quality time, but I think I often give love through food. In fact Kyle gained 40 lbs. the first year we were married, so I've had to learn to give less food!
20. I haven't worn earrings since college. My ears have gotten all sensitive and weird.
21. I am a true extrovert. I feel energized after being around people and I don't require more alone time than I get naturally, I never have to seek it out.
22. When the kids get to at least junior high age, I want to backpack Europe as a family. Hopefully more than once.
23. My brothers both married girls whom I love and was friends with before they started dating. They are very different from each other, but I adore them both and think of them more as friends or sisters than sister-in-laws.
24. I love playing games. Just about anything, really. 42, Catan, hand and foot, hearts, you name it, I'll play it. But I'm not very competetive. I just like playing.
25. I put cream cheese on my sandwiches.

1 comment:

larshannon said...

I haven't done it yet, but it is on my to do list :) I remember the EEE feet and the clutter...

thanks for sharing