Monday, September 8, 2008

Pregnant!

Yes, I'm pregnant! It is such a blessing. I am six weeks along, my due date is May 3. It was planned, but we were both a little flabbergasted at how quickly it happened. Our usual experience is "Want a baby in a couple years? Start trying Now!" Blake and the new baby will be 20 months apart. A good distance I think, even if I might have two in diapers for a while. That's the exact distance apart as Roger and Andy. We are so blessed to not have to chart, have surgery, or take fertility drugs this time! God is Good! We found out on Labor day and I think I hyperventilated a little bit. I mean, really, I weaned Blake three weeks ago. Mom and Chuck came down this weekend to go tubing, so we made Blake this shirt and he was wearing it when they arrived. They didn't notice it right away, but when they did they were ecstatic. This has been a pretty big week for us. We also got a puppy on Sunday. We have been looking online at different adoption sites for about a month, and she popped up. She is dappled daschund and schnauzer mix. She is more daschund looking, I think. Anyway, I went and picked her up yesterday and got home just in time to suprise Friggs as he woke up from his nap. He was really excited, but I think Scooter is actually more interested in her. She really likes them but is a little scared of Friggs, as he is still learning how gentle to be with a puppy. We named her Daisy. Kyle actually likes this for a girl's name but I don't like it enough for my child, so this seemed like a reasonable compromise. She is really cute, or maybe so ugly she's cute, but she is cuter than the pics. She was very wary of the camera. Pray that I won't get my normal all-day morning sickness! So far I feel good.
Meet Daisy!

5 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

Daisy is a cutie and so is that sweet little face of the middle child. Little does he know what is to come. He's no longer the baby. I know you don't want to be sick all day but it is a good thing. It means all the hormones are doing there things. I was sick all day too. It really stinks. But blessings they are!

Kelly said...

Daisy is so cute!! Great name! Maggie wants to know when she can hold her. And she wants her own pet. What are Mitch, Tucker and Calvin???

I LOVE the pic of Scooter!! Such a sweet face. I was kinda dissapointed that he slept so much on Saturday. I wanted to hang out with him more!!

Cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I will be praying for you that this will be a pleasant and healthy pregnancy!

Sarah said...

Okay, I commented on the wrong post...go see the middle child post for my comments! ; )

BTW: CUTE shirt! I love that it took M&C a while to catch on...too fun!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Congratulations! Having three is so much fun! You'll sure be in my prayers about the morning sickness, too. (We had three in diapers for a couple of months. Good for Parents Choice and Pampers.)