Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Gospel According to Seth

This is what Friggs told me in the car today. By the way, I promise we read bible stories daily and talk about Jesus all the time! :
"So, Jesus died on the cross for us (at this point, I'm feeling warmed and proud, maybe even a little smug, because, hey, my kid talks about Jesus because we're good parents who teach their kid...) but that was after the pirates came. Yep. The pirates came, and they fought, on the ocean with their ships. And then Jesus died for our sins on the cross. But then he got back up. That's when he made the grass and water and stuff like lizards. After the pirates had left. Then he went to heaven."

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Hillarious... maybe I should go to Seth for all my Revelation questions... HE HE HE

Unknown said...

This is what happens when kids don't read the King James! HA! ;)

In our K-2nd children's worship yesterday, our lesson was about Noah building the ark. The teacher asked the kids to tell him what they knew about it. One little girl near me started muttering something about Noah building the ark of the coven. (I guess he was in tight with the local withches??)