Friday, September 19, 2008

Loss

I'm not exactly sure how to write these words down, and I know that I don't want to, but Kyle and I are no longer pregnant. I started spotting on Wednesday so we went in for a sonogram. They did not find a 7 week fetus, only an egg sac. We were told that we might be pregnant, just earlier than we thought (no explanation as to the bleeding). We were sent for blood work and then sent home. Things continued to get worse and I miscarried this morning. Based on somewhat intense research on medical sites on the internet, I believe I had a blighted ovum, or a false pregnancy. That means a fetus never formed, only the egg sac. It will raise your hcg levels and make you think you are pregnant, but you won't have any other symptoms, like nausea. That definitely describes my experience. Kyle and I are heartbroken, of course, but I truly feel a God-given peace through this. I know he is carrying us through. I am so grateful to be with my two little blessings Seth and Blake to remind me how much I have to be thankful for. Thanks to those of you who have been praying for us, please continue to do so.

12 comments:

CC said...

So sorry! Please know that we are praying for you and that we love you!

Colleen

jaymie said...

Praying for you!

The Oliverios said...

So so sorry. I love you all so much. I am so very sorry. Love, Jenn

Lisa said...

I can't imagine what you must be going through. You're in my prayers...

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

We are praying!

larshannon said...

Miscarriages are always difficult and really zap my emotional strength. I'll be praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry.

Arwen said...

I am so sad for you guys. We love you and are praying.

SheridanLeftwich said...

We've been thinking about you guys...and sending lots of prayers on your behalf.

Cheryl said...

So sorry for your loss. I will be lifting you both up to the only One who can carry you through this.

Amy Porter said...

My heart broke when I read this and I know nothing else to say other than we are so very sorry and are praying for you guys! You know we love you and are praying for comfort and some peace about this whole thing!

da momma said...

I was in your shoes before Elijah was born! Im so sorry! It still hurts even though you know Who's in control! Big Hugs your way!!

Marna said...

On our knees for you both. Lots of love.