Sunday, March 2, 2008

This is becoming a problem...

Anyone who knows Kimberly is familiar with her voracious appetite for the written word. It's not a bad thing- reading, in general. But I'm beginning to think it can be taken too far. Let me explain to you how I have come to this conclusion. It all started when I noticed a book perched on the ledge between our shower and the tub. (See Exhibit A)

Exhibit A

This photo demonstrates the crux of my argument. It's one thing to read in the tub- lots of people do it. And by people, I mean women. I don't personally see the appeal. I hate baths in general, so the idea of prolonging it by reading is bizarre to me. I'm sure most guys will agree with me in saying that the bathroom is indeed a good reading place, but one should be in a seated position. But that's beside the point. What we see here goes way beyond normality in bathroom reading etiquette. Kimberly stands in the shower and reads her book while it sits on the ledge outside. You can't make this stuff up, folks. She reaches outside the shower and wipes her hand on the towel and turns the page.
I am considering staging an intervention.

4 comments:

Jana Kay said...

Wow! Even I will admit...that is just way too much effort! :)

Karen Uhrhan Chawner said...

I think it's brilliant. If I had a glass shower, I would be doing it too! Thanks for the idea!

Hey- this is random, but y'all are the only other people I think that would be strange enough to do this without asking too many questions. Will y'all weigh your heads? I'm curious to see if Chawner's and mine are above average. Mine weighs 10 lbs and his weighs 17 pounds.

Sarah said...

I love it...Its SOOOOO Kim...much better than letting the book get wet, like she used to.

Oh, I'm about to wet my pants at Karen's request...makes me want to weigh my head out of mere curiosity!

larshannon said...

Oh, I'm jealous that I can't do that in my shower. No ledge...