Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a few weeks ago...

So, I'm a tad behind on posting. I just uploaded a ton of pics from our recent weeks, and it's gonna take me a while to get all of them on here. I've been so busy living my life that I forgot to document it for the world to see. I apologize. Especially to Sarah. I won't give her last name, but I will tell you that she has left an angry comment or two when Kim and I don't post in a timely manner. And I will also tell you that her last name starts with a "D" and it rhymes with "higher".
On to the actual post. My parents were down a couple of weeks ago and they brought my nephew, Carter. We all had a blast. My parents got a much-needed grandkid fix when we spent Saturday at Landa Park. We also bought a new back-pack for the munchkin. He loves it. Seriously. The day it came in the mail, we loaded him up and went for a hike around the backyard- all the while Scoot was laughing and smiling. When we came in, I took it off and set him down and his face scrunched up like a prune! He had a wall-eyed fit. Kim and I just laughed at him, of course, but you could tell it was the kind of cry that means he was flat-out ticked off. In the short five minutes he had been up there, he had grown quickly accustomed to his throne. It would suit him just fine for me to become his personal rickshaw driver. He did get a chance to ride in it again when we went hiking.
Scooter, Scooter-Bean, Boot-Scoot... he's a baby with many names. Sometimes we call him Blake or "That Baby". I've also been known to hand him to Kimberly and say, "Here, hold this." Whatever you want to call him, he's fun to have around. And my dad, Carlton, was pretty stingy with him that weekend. Scoot's pretty fond of his Pa, too.
Here's Kimberly watching Carter and Friggs play in the water at the park. They have a cool little section of the Comal springs sectioned off as a swimming area. It's was still a little cool for swimming, but the boys couldn't resist rolling up their jeans and wading around. They also spent quite a while trying to catch the minnows with their hands.
The first time we went to the park, we spotted this Frigg-sized cave along the hiking trail. At the time, he had said, "When Glo-Glo comes to see me, I want Glo-Glo to get in this cave with me!" I said that I was sure she would. Oh, by the way, yes, my kid calls his grandmother "Glo-Glo". It's one of the weirder things you can call a grandmother. Her name is Gloria, and she came up with Glo-Glo in what I can only surmise to be denial. You've probably seen it in someone you know- similar choices are "Honey" or "Sweetie". But I digress. So, when we came upon the cave, it wasn't long before Friggs was coaxing his aged grandmother into the rocky hole. I won't lie. She didn't want to go in. Nor was it easy for her. What is it about a grandchild that makes a grandparent a willing participant in spelunking and the like? In the end, we had a great photo op of Friggs and Glo-Glo in the little cave. As you can see, he was very pleased.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

SUPER cute pictures and thank you very much for my "fix" for the day. I'm telling you...this is almost too much of an addiction...I might need to repent before long...haha!

Aleasha said...

i love the pictures! although, i am not sure that your mom would love that you called her "aged"!!! how are those great parents of yours? they look great!

oh and just as a great flashback "your the queen of crap!!!" gosh, those were some good ol' times!!!

Aleasha said...

kim, i just realized how weird it would be if i had some random comments on my blog. i was good friends with kyle and kali growing up. i have met you a few times, but it has been a while. i hope everything is going well for you and your sweet family!