Thursday, March 6, 2008

Little Helper


I was thinking about this picture tonight as Friggs and I were vacuuming together. We have two vacuums, one of which is little enough for him to use, so he was following me around as I vacuumed. He loves to help more than any kid I have ever seen. Back when we were remodeling the house in Kaufman, he helped me sand the floors. He's not what I would call "efficient" or even "helpful", but he tries so hard and wants to be just like daddy. While I think this picture is hilarious, it's got a sobering quality to it as well. Makes you really think about how you live your life when you have a little copycat. There's some country song out now about this whole idea, and I don't really care for it or even know who sings it. You probably do. In general, I don't like country music produced later than 1985, and this song is no exception, but I thought it was worth mentioning for those of you who do. I'm kinda in a rambly mood tonight. Oh, my parents are coming to visit us for the weekend. They will be here tomorrow. I'm excited about it. They haven't been to see us since we moved to San Antonio. In fact, the last time they were in San Antonio was for their honeymoon, which was 32 years ago this month. I'm sure it will be nostalgic for them and I know Friggs is excited about them coming. In other news, Friggs is now "helping" (hey, we've come full circle) to feed Scooter now. I have a video of it that we made tonight. My next project is actually getting some of our videos on disc and then learning how to upload them to the blog, so hopefully soon I can post it. It was messy to say the least. Kimberly and I were laughing so hard as Friggs patiently and dutifully shoveled mashed peas into Blake's eager face. He did a better job at that than sanding or vacuuming, so maybe we'll let him take over permanently- as long as I have the time to cart them both straight to the tub afterwards.

1 comment:

Mary said...

From one weird family to another, I think yours is the weirdest! I just found your blog, and it's been fun catching up with y'all. I heard from my brother, Joe David, that y'all had plans to eat together tonight. I hope that you had a great visit and that noone got food poisoning! Dane, our little boy, and I will be down there for Stefany's baby shower on the 13th, so maybe I'll get to see y'all on Sunday morning at church. Our blog is laneandmarybrown.blogspot.com