Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend in Salado... and chair redo

The weekend after we found out about Mom's news, I got to spend the weekend in Salado with my dearest friends from Kaufman, Stefanie (on the right) and Crystal.  We had set it up months ago and, as always, God's timing was perfect.  It was exactly what I needed!  We slept in.  We laughed, we shopped, we cried (every good Girl Weekend has that, right?)....




We tried on awful wigs...

We ate wonderful food.  I just basked in their company.  And we missed Debbie, who couldn't come!  I am so happy here in San Antonio, but I really wish they would move here...


I also refinished some chairs for Kelly.  Here is the before:

And after:


 The chairs were previously black, with white primer underneath.  With chalk paint you don't have to strip anything first, so when you distress and the layers show through, it just adds character.

 Really pleased with the way it turned out!



No comments: