Monday, April 12, 2010

Dinosaur cookies. And breaking news about my personality.






The boys and I found the cutest dinosaur cookie cutters the other day and we had a great time making them. I love how Blake here is imitating me checking the measurement... even though it's a sifter.

In other news, I am scatterbrained. As if anyone who reads this didn't know. Well, I've had these lovely dreams of someday "getting it all together" but perhaps I should just accept my fate and move on. I mean, I'm not talking about lack of organization, that can be improved. But what good does it do to look at your planner, which you so purposely filled out, tell yourself to remember, and then forget five minutes later? The other night I was getting ready for bed when I remembered that I was supposed to throw something in the crockpot for tomorrow. Fine. I was even proud of myself for remembering. So I went downstairs and did it. The next morning I woke up to ruined meat. Forgot to turn it on. Dang it! How am I supposed to get better at that kind of thing?! My "helpful" and naturally logical and pragmatic husband kindly suggested that from now on I should simply remind myself to check to see if it is on. Really? I mean, if I could remember to do that reminder, I could just remember to turn it on in the first place! Sometimes I just feel so "wispy, wispy, wispy!!" - That's a Big Business quote, in case you don't remember your obscure early 90's movies. Great movie.

2 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Haha!!! Love the pictures and your crock pot story. You'll get no advice from me, I suffer from absentmindedness myself. Sometimes I wonder how dumb of an old lady I will be.

Anonymous said...

What adorable cookie cutters (the human ones!) Love those boys! The reason you feel scatterbrained and wispy is that you are on overload from taking care of 3 little ones and a husband and raising fine, CHristian men! What you need is a little pampering and some SLEEP. Suggestion: Come to the farm! Bring the boys! Sleep in! Let me play with them!
Love you,
Mama