Monday, February 15, 2010

So Friggs got a yellow at school the other day. This happens sometimes, but it's usually for stuff such as swinging his lunch box in line or something. Normal Kindergarten stuff. This time, though it was actually disobedience. His teacher had to tell him three times to sit down before he obeyed. That is not acceptable to disobey, so I made him write her an apology letter. Is it wrong to think his letter is so stinkin' cute?! I love it. He sounded out all the words and spelled them himself, no help from Mom, which makes it all the cuter. He was so adorable writing that note in a contrite spirit I could have just eaten him up. I didn't let on, though. I was the very soul of sternness with a small touch of "you reap what you sow."

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it! I have made Isaac write letters of apology(plural - yes, we have had to do this very thing several times)It is a great life lesson!

Esquire's Wife said...

Love it, too! Connor had to write apology letters to his Awana teachers last week for disobedience. I thought maybe I was a little crazy making a 4 year old write an apology note, but now I feel much better about it!

Amanda S. said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you got a picture of it. What a treasure to keep for him to read later.

larshannon said...

Great job to both of you!

Anonymous said...

What a precious, contrite letter from a wonderful little boy! I'm also thankful you have a copy of it so you'll always remember his sweet spirit. Good job, Mom!
Yo Mama

emblair said...

Sore and bedr.....love it!!