Saturday, February 6, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I wouldn't be surprised if no one reads this blog anymore, I have been so horrible about posting. I am resolved to catch up on the last couple of months, though and be a much better blogger. I have been so busy. I mean, I'm sure everyone is busy, but definitely more so than usual around here. I did not have time to read a single fiction book the whole month of January. This says something HUGE about the state of affairs around here. We have been passing sickness around like you cannot believe. I got sick on New Year's with a stomach bug and was so kind as to send it home with Kyle's family. Then Kyle got it. Then Seth and Blake got a cold. Then Blake and Cullen got pink eye. Then Kyle and I got the regular flu. Then Cullen got pink eye. Then I got pink eye, and here we are.

I guess he started to get out of bed to make mischief and was so tired he fell asleep!

What would a Bennett family get together be without shooting guns? Here I am with Friggs teaching him to shoot a .22 for the first time.
Here's a pic of the Stringer family. Gloria got us all camo gear for Christmas. For New Year's we had a cookout out at the land. I was able to go hunting for the only time this year, but did not see anything. See how everyone's smiling? That's because they have no clue that they will be violently ill within 24 hours.

Had to take a pic of this, I thought it was so bizarre. At the house next to the DQ in Kerrville, there is a patio table with 3 concrete birds. Are they eating or playing cards? Notice the one chair is wheeled, and the other two birds are on concrete blocks!
So cute! I'll be sad when I have no babies to wear outfits with ears on them.

Cullen at 7 months.


He looks sooooo much like Kyle.

4 comments:

Jana said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one who is slacking on their blog! It is hard to remember to come blog when the kids are asleep because all I want to do is SLEEP! :)

Love reading all the updates and seeing the pictures.

Love you!!

Amanda said...

I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pictures too. So sorry to hear you guys have been sick.

And wow...the boys are adorable! Those eyes!

Anonymous said...

Great fun reading your blog! Sounds like party was a great success at Festivus! Where have I seen that tacky Chinese calendar??? Nice to see shooting photo by Colten's Creek at Tranquility Farm! Adore the pic of Blake in his great-great-Grandmother's rocking chair in the cottage (Dora Robertson). Cute little hiney! Please keep adorable Cullen small!!! See you this weekend! Stay well! I.L.Y.T.M!Mama!

Amy Porter said...

I still read your blog!! No worries! I can't believe Cullen is so big. Man, they change so fast. What a cutie! Can't wait to see you guys soon!!