Thursday, September 10, 2009

Long time, no blog

I cannot believe it's been a month since I last posted! We have been so busy, and I tried to not let myself blog until the house was clean and all my chores were done. Hence the no blogging. In a month. HA! So, the new system is to work a little time into the day for blogging, as I will rarely be all done with housework. I am working on that though. Organization and lack of clutter is the trial of my life! (Hey, I'm thankful it's that and not so many other things.) My house is clean, mind you, but cluttered. I have been rereading How Not to Be a Messie by Sandra Felton and I had forgotten how much I loved it. The author is funny and I have a sneaking suspicion she crept into my house one day and took notes watching my inefficient attempts to keep things tidy. She talks about distractible people, saying they tend to "start looking at a book while dusting the bookshelf; go to put the socks away and end up re-organizing the sock drawer." I am much better than I used to be, however, and I am generally not embarrassed to have unexpected company, as long as they can overlook a pile of clean clothes. But, with a new kid I am re-committing to a schedule and trying to stick with it. For any fellow Messies out there, the following web sites have been very helpful:
- www.flylady.net
- justorganizeyourself.blogspot.com

I will catch up blogging on the events of August soon, but I'll leave you with some pics:



What's more fun than shooting at a dead raccoon with your Grammy? Doesn't everyone do that?




Cullen and his sweet smile, complete with spit bubbles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

paw would like to know what the coon story is about he looks to be in a perdicament

da momma said...

love the pics and going to follow in your footsteps with the organizing sites! Cool Thanks!! whit

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the mighty hunters and the adorable baby! Cutest spit bubbles I have ever seen!
Mama

Chuck and Marilyn said...

Sorry, but I must add that when the great white hunter and his Grammy were shooting the coon... it was very much alive.

Now you know the rest of the story... except the part about the have-a-heart trap. Yes, at the farm, anything that comes after our special brand of chicken is fair game.