Friday, January 16, 2009

In Celebration of Laziness

My mom had both kids from Sunday to Thursday. What did I do? Reorganize my entire house? Clean the garage? Nothing. I did nothing and it was fantastic. Granted, Kyle and I both decided I need to stay off my feet more with this pregnancy because it is taking its toll this time, but really. Monday morning I set no alarm. I got up. I ate breakfast. I went back to bed. When I woke up again I had a movie marathon. I cannot remember the last time I have had no alarm, no children, and no job. It rocked. Of course, I wasn't that lazy the entire time, but it was still lovely. The only thing to spoil it was the pink eye I had, but that's okay. I did, of course, really miss my kids and am soooo glad to have them back. Thanks mom for the break!

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So glad that you had that day... you deserve it... crazy thing is I woke up this morning with pink eye... what is up with that... have not gotten that since grade school... kids... :-)

Lisa said...

I'm so proud of you! You probably had to force yourself to just be still, but way to go for actually doing it! Hope you're feeling well.

Jill said...

we love fish and shrimp...actually, brody likes all seafood and i like everything but oysters because i'm allergic to them. sorry i didn't call you this week. #1, i lost your phone number, and #2, Clark was sick all week with fever/cold.

Sarah said...

Pink eye? wow...stinky!!! But...man I'm jealous of your uninterupted "me" time!!!

Sorry I didn't call you back...your message was all garbled again and I didn't have an answer for you until today. Dillards is having a linen sale right now, but that's the only one I know of off the top of my head!