Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Favorite Things

Tonight I have a MOPS night out called "Favorite things." We are all supposed to bring one of our favorite foods/dishes and recipes to hand out. I am really excited about all the eating I am going to do! I am bringing my favorite chocolate cake, Dr. Pepper Cake. It is my favorite because I love milk chocolate, not dark chocolate and this is very creamy and rich, yet not too dark. It is very moist, another gripe against many recipes, and has a cream cheese icing. How can you beat that? That's what I thought. So, since I had to type up the recipe, I thought I'd share. Here is how today's cake turned out:

Dr. Pepper Cake
from the kitchen of Kimberly Stringer

Cake:
1 box German Chocolate Cake mix
1 small box vanilla Instant Pudding
2/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1 can (12 oz.) Dr. Pepper
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour three 8’’ or two 9” pans or one 13x9. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with mixer till blended – gradually adding each egg then the Dr. Pepper. Spoon the batter into your pan(s). Bake time: 3 layers – 20 min. , 2 layers – 25-35 min. , 13x9 40 min. or longer. Completely cool before icing.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing:
1 8oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter
¼ (or more) cup cocoa
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

In large bowl, mix softened butter and cream cheese till blended. Add vanilla and cocoa, blend. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. Cake and icing will keep at room temp. for a couple of days.

4 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

Ooooh...sounds so yummy! THanks for sharing I can't wait to try!

da momma said...

yummmmmy I have to try that one!!

Cheryl said...

Never heard of a Dr. Pepper cake. Interesting!!! I LOVE chocolate, so I will definitely have to try this one. Thanks for sharing

larshannon said...

Jared's mom gave this recipe to me years ago. You are right, it should be on the Favorites list!