Friday, December 5, 2008

Cerclage

Thanks to those of you who have been praying for me today. I had my cerclage put in (they stitched my cervix shut - for those of you not familiar with it) today and all is well. I am a bit sore but not too bad. I will be on unofficial bed rest - doctor said to have a very lazy weekend and to not drive or lift the baby. This is actually the first time I have been awake for the procedure, which did not take that long. Still, since my feet were up in stirrups and there were at least five people in the room, I am glad I lost all sense of modesty after having children. Funny what seems okay and what doesn't. I will still not wear a bikini - I feel way too exposed. Today - no biggie. Go figure. Anyway, just wanted everybody to have an update. I will be able to now truly relax and enjoy the pregnancy now that I know baby isn't going anywhere!

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Thank GOd for modern medicine... I am glad that you are good and the baby is good... keep us updated.

Amy Porter said...

That's great! That is for sure and answered prayer!! Glad to hear you are doing good!

larshannon said...

Still thinking of you and wishing for the best with this pregnancy!

larshannon said...

Oh, and I just recently read the Poisonwood Bible. It is an excellent book.