Monday, April 11, 2011

More Furniture and a Frog

Good day for a little boy, bad day for a frog...



Before: My mom bought this table around the time I was born at a JC Penney sidewalk sale for 10 dollars. This is one stout table. We used it my whole life, then it went to college with my brothers, then me, then on to married life with Kyle and I. Kyle regularly performs adjustments on this table! It deserved some TLC.

After

Kyle brought this chair to the marriage, and it will now be my little office chair. The office is going to be the tiny space under the stairs, so we need to get rid of our big office chair.

I thought a pop of color would be nice, so I chose an antique red. It turned out more like shrimp, though.
So, I put a dark walnut stain on it, which I think helped a lot, and then distressed it. I'm afraid I went overboard on the distressing. What do you think? Good? Or should I repaint and stain with less or no distressing?

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Love the coffee table! Just wondering - do you have a color pallet in mind? The red chair might work wonderfully if it is tied in somehow to a color scheme.

zamre said...

Frog inside the pocket..
Zamre Bin Ab. Wahab

emblair said...

Frog in the pocket. That's the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.