Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beyond Gross

As parents, we all have our strengths and weaknesses dealing with bodily fluids. Poop is not a big deal for me. Well, unless they've taken their diaper off and done something with it. I really hate snot, though. Snotty, drippy noses. Mucus streaks on my shoulder from a crying kid. Gross, gross, gross. Well, I should have been thankful for the shoulder swipe because Bean has found a new place. For the record, I am pretty vigilant about wiping and blowing, but the thing is a faucet this week. So, where, you may dare to wonder, is this new handy handkerchief? I'll give you a hint: It's about his height, so it's pretty handy. It's always covered with fabric. It's nicely rounded to give him a good swiping place. Yep, the kid will walk up behind me and wipe his snot on. my. bottom. YUCK! It is sooooo violating and disgusting. I mean, when it's on the shoulder you can try to wipe it off and rationalize, "You can barely see it. It's nothing compared to the pureed squash droplets." But with this new location, I can't see what he's done, but I know I can't even sit down. I don't have a million pairs of ratty pants to change throughout my day! I'm really trying to nip this habit in the bud.

Editor's note: I am aware that my mother will be appalled that I put this on the internet. This is no reflection of the genteel lady she raised me to be.

4 comments:

Amy Porter said...

I always love it when you update your blog b/c you just never quite know what it is going to say!! Again, you made me laugh! Good luck with the nipping in the bud of this one!

Tamra said...

I owe you a phone call! But yes, mark us down for a Tuesday night -- either pre or post New Year's, whatever is best for you. I will call and we can get details squared away. Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes it does!
Can't wait to see you and yours!
mama

Anonymous said...

paw says thats what rearends are for it would be crazy to think otherwise